Live life with a smile….
- Exercise and Yoga
- Fishing in California
- Mental Health
- Pet Recipes and Health
- Recipes for health
Featured adventures for the family.
Great California Day Hikes
Amazing day hikes for February 2024
Are you looking for an exciting summer vacation that the whole family can enjoy?
Look no further than beautiful Mammoth Lakes!
Nestled in the Sierra Nevada mountain range of California, Mammoth Lakes offers an array of outdoor activities that are perfect for everyone. From hiking and mountain biking, to fishing and boating, to sightseeing and relaxing in nature, you’ll find something to suit every interest. So why wait? Plan your summer adventure in Mammoth Lakes today!
Keep your coffee all day.Buy today on Amazon
Northern California Hikes
- Point Reyes Lighthouse Trail: This easy 1.8-mile round-trip hike takes you to the historic Point Reyes Lighthouse, where you can see the Pacific Ocean and maybe even some whales. The trail is mostly flat and paved, but there are some stairs to reach the lighthouse. The views are worth it!
- Mount Tamalpais East Peak Loop: This moderate 4-mile loop hike offers stunning views of the San Francisco Bay Area from the summit of Mount Tamalpais, the highest point in Marin County. The trail passes through meadows, forests, and rocky outcrops, and features a fire lookout tower and a picnic area at the top.
- Big Basin Redwoods State Park Waterfall Loop: This challenging 10.5-mile loop hike takes you through the ancient redwood forest of Big Basin, the oldest state park in California. The trail follows several creeks and passes by four beautiful waterfalls: Berry Creek Falls, Silver Falls, Golden Cascade, and Sempervirens Falls. The hike is long and steep, but rewarding.
- Great California Day Hikes – Santa Paula Punchbowls/ Santa Paula Creek.
Recipes for a healthy diet and weight loss
If you are looking for some recipes that can help you achieve your health and weight loss goals, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will share with you some easy and delicious recipes that are low in calories, high in protein and fiber, and rich in vitamins and minerals. These recipes are also suitable for different dietary preferences, such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, or dairy-free.
Low Calorie Dinner of the week. Pan Fried Rainbow Trout.
This recipe is for pan-fried rainbow trout, a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be paired with almost any side dish. Season the trout fillets with salt and pepper, coat them in flour, and fry them in oil for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve with your choice of side dish or add a sprinkle of herbs or a squeeze of lemon juice for extra flavor.
Rainbow trout is a healthy option for dinner, containing protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and essential vitamins and minerals. The leftovers can be used for wraps, salads, sandwiches, and more, making it a perfect option for a quick and healthy lunch or snack.
Hey there! This recipe may look simple, but trust me, it’s the best way to cook trout. Don’t be afraid to give it a try!
For a healthy and satisfying meal, pair it up with whole grains like quinoa, buckwheat, black rice, or wild rice, and some roasted, sautéed, or steamed veggies or a side salad. Yum!
Oh, and guess what? You can turn this recipe into a one-pan dinner! Just sauté some veggies (like onions, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, or mushrooms) for a few minutes, and then sear the trout fillets in the same pan. So easy, right?
This recipe is all about delicious, flaky fish that won’t stick to the pan thanks to a simple trick: coating it with olive oil. Don’t worry if you don’t have olive oil, though – any mild-tasting oil like avocado oil will do the trick. Rainbow trout fillet is the perfect choice for this recipe as it is mild and cooks quickly. Make sure to choose a fillet with skin still on it, so it stays intact while cooking. If you have a whole fillet, just cut it into portions. For a subtle smoky flavor, we recommend adding garlic powder and paprika. And of course, you can’t go wrong with a pinch of salt and pepper to bring out the natural taste of the fish. To take it to the next level, add some lemon slices at the end to give it a zesty kick. They’re optional, but highly recommended!
Here are some helpful tips for cooking mild, flaky fish such as rainbow trout:
- Plan ahead and cut your rainbow trout fillet into portion-size pieces before freezing. When you need them, simply take out the amount you need and let them thaw in the fridge. The fillets should be defrosted by dinnertime. You can also defrost them at room temperature.
- If you want to achieve crispy skin on the rainbow trout fillets, dust them with a light coating of flour (regular or gluten-free) before frying. This will also help prevent the fish from sticking to the pan.
- Don’t forget to squeeze some lemon juice on the fish before serving. This will balance out the naturally briny trout flavor with the citric acid.
When it comes to serving rainbow trout, it can be a healthy lunch or hearty dinner, depending on what you serve it with. Here are some healthy combinations to try:
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Red Beans & Feta
- Raw Beet Salad
- Roasted Eggplant Salad
- Roasted Root Vegetables & Romaine Lettuce Salad
- Roasted Carrots and Onions & Fresh Vegetable Salad
- Peas and Carrots
- Barley and Steamed Vegetables
- Roasted Mixed Vegetables
- Sautéed Frozen Green Beans
PAN FRIED RAINBOW TROUT – READY IN 10 MINUTES
yield: 1 PORTION prep time: 2 MINUTES cook time: 7 MINUTES total time: 9 MINUTES
This quick and easy pan fried rainbow trout can be served with almost any side dish. It’s also perfect as a healthy one-pan dinner and the leftovers taste great too. Ready in 10 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4.5 oz / 130 g rainbow trout fillet, skin on
- Garlic powder
- Slice of lemon (optional)
- Season the rainbow trout fillet generously with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the fillet to the pan with the skin side down and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the fish and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily in the thick part of the fillet. Flip a few more times if necessary.
- Squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on top before serving.
Food, Fun and More…
- 15 Easy Yoga Poses For BeginnersYoga is the perfect way to stay healthy and get in shape!… Read more: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Beginners
- Hat Creek Fly FishingGuide to Fly Fishing Hat Creek in California Let’s be honest, it’s… Read more: Hat Creek Fly Fishing
- New England Clam ChowderIf you’re craving clam chowder, try this classic New England clam chowder.… Read more: New England Clam Chowder
- 5 Best Vet-Approved Homemade Recipes You Can Make for Your DogsHealthy Dog As a loving fur parent, providing the right nutrition for… Read more: 5 Best Vet-Approved Homemade Recipes You Can Make for Your Dogs